– Listen to the MP3 of podcast #31
Night Light, Interview with Artist Kirby Scudder
We’re excited to bring you an interview with Kirby Scudder. Kirby is the Director of the Santa Cruz Institute of Contemporary Arts, as well as an Artist and advocate of the arts in Santa Cruz, CA. Kirby’s current project is called Night Light, a Community Art Project for Peace.
Night Light (according to the www.scica.org website)
“On Thursday, September 21st 2006 five hundred, 15,000,000 candle power spotlights will light the night along three miles of the Santa Cruz, CA coastline. �Night-Light� will bring together community to illuminate the message of peace. Artist and SCICA Co-Director Kirby Scudder along with hundreds of volunteers from the community will turn on the 500 lights at 9pm for one hour in the communal celebration of peace.”
– Night Light, A Community Art Project for Peace
– Thursday, September 21, 2006 from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm
– Kirby is looking for 500 people to participate in the project. If you’re interested, meet at Natural Bridges State Park at 6:00 pm on 9/21/06.
– pdf Map to Natural Bridges State Park, Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Cruz as ” Night-Light” winds down the coast on West Cliff
Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz, with the pink carpet in bloom
Courtesy of Scott Haefner
Contact Info and How to Subscribe
– Contact us by email: email@example.com
– Comment line: 831-706-2410
– Podcast feed: artagogo.libsyn.com/rss
– Subscribe to Art a GoGo on Apple’s iTunes
– Intro song performed by Geoff Smith
Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5.